04 March 2011
One of the advantage if you are using Firefox web browser for sock proxy, you are still be able to use your default ISP IP address to browser the internet via second web browser such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. So Firefox will using SSH Tunnel IP and Internet Explorer will use your default Internet IP address.
This tutorial is for those who are using Windows OS.
- Open Putty
- Go to "SSH" and than "Tunnel"
- Select Dynamic
- Enter: Source port: 8080 and click ADD
- Go "Session" on left menu under Category
- Under Hostname, Type in the SSH IP that we assign to you
- Under Port, Type in the port number that we assign to you
- Under Saves session type in: SSH tunnel and click save
- Click "OPEN" for connecting to SSH server
Next time you can just click load the setting and connect
Configure Firefox Browser for SSH tunnel
- Open your firefox browser
- Go to: Tools > Options
- Next click on: Networks
- Next click on: Settings
- After that click on: Manual Proxy Configuration
- On SOCK enter the IP: 127.0.0.1
- On Port enter port: 8080
- Click OK to finish the setup.
If you have any problem, please contact Support
Do not have SSH tunnel Shell account? Order SSH Tunnel Shell Account now(click here)